Sunday, March 24, 2019

The Story of Mount Everest Story (4)

Encouraged by having Turtliac accepted on the App Store (after some pain) I worked on my Everest game again. I was close to abandoning the project many times but came back to it. I started over with completely new versions of the game 6 or 7 times. I tried to build some versions completely with a raw model and no UI. I also tried different types of UI.


Everest Attack, iPhone prototype 2014



Everest Attack, iPhone prototype 2014


In the winter of 2014 I decided to let someone help me with the graphic design. Until then I had only used placeholder photographs. I wanted real portraits that I had the full rights to. I also wanted a new map for the main screen.

I put out a request on eLance (UpWork) and around 20 freelancers offered to do the graphic design. In the end I chose between a Chinese and a Spanish designer. I went for the Spanish designer in the end and she got to do the eight climber portraits, the map and a lot of the rest of the new GUI. The cost in total was $650. The retro feel of the portraits was the designers choice. I never had that as a requirement. But I was very happy and inspired by her work.


Everest Attack, 2015




Everest Attack was developed in pure Objective-C with no other tools or add-ons. It was released as a premium $2 game on the App Store in August 2015.

Jabatoba AB was registered as a company in July 2015.




developer1@jabatoba.com
Stockholm 2016-02-15

No comments:

Post a Comment